We are so excited to be able to continue to support our Apprenticeship Programme building our future talent pipeline and investing in keeping trades and key skills alive in the UK Construction Industry. We have also been able to accommodate work experience which is a great start to a journey in exploring career choices.
In the past we have successfully recruited Apprentice Joiners (Site and Bench), Bricklayers, Groundworkers, QS and Admin. Our Apprentices are a valuable asset to our organisation and as they grow with their course and our business, we mutually support each other to get the best results. As a family business this growth is wonderful to see as most of our staff have gone through this type of journey through to retirement.
Please remember to clearly state your college/course if already enrolled, which type of role you are interested in, if you are willing and able to travel and any other information you think is important for us to consider.
Apply with a cover letter and CV and if successfully shortlisted you will be invited for an interview and to complete an application pack.
To work alongside skilled qualified / tradespeople and support their work while learning and developing your own skills.
Ensures that the work undertaken is of the desired quality and is delivered effectively whilst working safely and in cooperation with others.
Work towards formal apprenticeship and NVQ/equivalent qualifications.
· Attend all College Apprenticeship programme sessions
· Attend Health and Safety Training and adhere to all instructions thereafter
· Collect evidence and build portfolio towards qualifications
· Work under direction and supervision of site manager
|Key Outputs & KPIs
· Ensure that the work undertaken is as instructed by supervisor
· Adhere to all Health & Safety requirements, policies and procedures
· Ensure positive progress reports are received from College
· Flexible and adaptable to the wide ranging tasks required
· Good level of physical strength and stamina required
· Personable and team player
· Enthusiastic and keen to learn
· An active interest in Construction & Built Environment
· Basic knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
· GCSE passes in Maths, English, and preferably technical subjects
Understands the requirements of own role but is prepared to assist others when necessary to help out during peaks and troughs. Always treats fellow workers with respect.
Improving for Excellence
Wants to do the job well and finds ways within own area to improve existing methods and procedures of working.
Accepting constructive criticism without becoming defensive. A willingness to learn from mistakes.
All employees must demonstrate the required competencies and values whilst carrying out their job role, dedication and reliability are key to success.